Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Stop dinking around!

There's a long list of things in my life that I've been told to do, I enjoy doing them, these things are beneficial to my health and yet I don't do them. A short list would include things like:


Flossing my teeth
Washing my hands more (I DO wash my hands....let's be clear on that)
Doing my laundry more than 1 a month
Exercising
Taking deep breaths
Getting adequate sleep
Being in fellowship with other believers
Praying
Reading the Word
Meditating on the Word
Fasting
Submitting
Surrendering
Serving
Worshiping


This all came to me recently, especially after I flossed my teeth for the first time in about a month. Why do I choose to miss out on these things that I am more than capable of doing and that I can benefit from? It's so foolish! I give myself so many reasons and excuses but 9.5 times out of 10 if I actually analyzed it my excuses would be garbage. God has blessed my times of obedience and submission so grandly, even when I do things halfheartedly or while dragging my feet. I am so thankful to have a patient and loving Father, but I would like to be a servant of God that doesn't drag her feet. That doesn't make lame excuses. That does things for the health of me! My physical, spiritual and emotional health all rely on God and He gives me descriptive instructions on how to do them. I just need to quit being a dink about it all. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment away! I like to hear what you have to say!